Working to Preserve the History of Our Neighborhood
The History and Archive Committee’s mission is to collect, preserve and share the history of our unique neighborhood with Point Association members, researchers and other interested parties.
If you are interested in joining the History and Archives Committee, please email us at HistoryandArchives@ThePointAssociation.org.
The Point Association’s Archive
We digitized many of the photos and maps that are in our archives and put them online. Just click the link below and it will take you to our photo album.
The Point Association’s Photo Album
Our Physical Archive
To request information from our archives, please email us at: HistoryandArchives@thepointassocation.org
We are a volunteer group, so please allow time for us to respond.
Books and Journals
Point Association Information since our founding in 1955
- The Green Light
- Meeting Notes
How to Research the History of Your House
In addition to the Point Association’s Archives, there are many other valuable resources to help you research the history of your house.
- The Top of the Hill Neighborhood Association has written an excellent guide. They have given us permission to share it: Researching Your Newport House.pdf
- The Newport Historical Society also has written a helpful guide to researching your home. NRF How to Research Your House.pdf
- The State of Rhode Island Historic Property Search also provides information on historic homes. Historic Property Search
Organizations That Have Helped Us
Much gratitude and thanks is due to the following organizations who have advised our History and Archives Committee. We encourage everyone to support these organizations and to take advantage of the many interesting programs and tours they offer.
- Newport Restoration Foundation
- The Preservation Society of Newport County
- Newport Historical Society
- Redwood Library and Antenaeum
We also would like to thank Salve Regina University for their continued guidance in organizing, properly storing and digitizing the materials in our archives.