The Point Association is more than a 501(c)3 organization. We pride ourselves in taking proactive measures to make our neighborhood a better place to live and work. As you may know, The Point Association has led the effort on many important projects such as:
- offering community-building activities, such as the annual plant sale
- partnering with the city on beneficial projects such as a new fountain for Battery Park
- keeping our parks and public areas clean, including the planting of daffodils for spring bloom
- staying involved with the city on infrastructure issues critical to our neighborhood
- raising donations for local charities
- sponsoring important events such as the Newport Restoration Foundation’s April 2016 Seminar “Keeping History Above Water”
- offering social events open to all members
- providing information via our quarterly publication The Green Light, and our new bi-weekly emails alerting you to upcoming events both on the Point and city-wide. (To insure you receive these emails, please provide your preferred email address when paying your dues by mail.)
That is why it is important for you to join our 60+ year old neighborhood association. We need all of our neighbors to be involved in The Point Association so we can continue these great projects, and undertake more to enhance our special neighborhood.
As stated in Article II of our Point Association by-laws, last revised in November 2013: The aims of this charitable organization, quoted from the Charter granted
to the PA by the State of Rhode Island, shall be:
- The general protection, improvement and enrichment of the resources of the Point and its significant architectural heritage.
- The beautification of approaches, streets, properties, waterfront and other areas of the Point .
- The protection of the section against detrimental structures, obnoxious enterprises, and nuisances.
- The encouragement and promotion of active interest in all properties with special emphasis on the historical aspect of the Point.
- The representation of residents best interests, promotion of neighborly spirit, and promulgation of information to preserve protect and enhance the well being of those who reside on the Point.
- The PA is organized exclusively for charitable, educational, and scientific purposes, and the combating of community deterioration purposes under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or corresponding sections of any future federal tax code.
Members of the PA enjoy a variety of activities each year – educational events, social events, annual meeting, annual plant sale, and so much more! Our bi-weekly Points of Interest eNewsletter keeps members in the know about what’s going on in the community, and members receive the quarterly issues of the Green Light periodical.